Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I Met the NBA MVP Last Week

This past week, I went on my first cruise. Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas took us to the Bahamas where we visited the islands of Nassau and CocoCay. Eat, drink, swim, drink, snorkel, drink, eat again, drink, swim some more, drink some more... you get the point, it was an amazing time. Throughout the cruise we saw many things, made a lot of memories, and met a lot of people. As if the cruise wasn't already the best thing ever, a very special person happened to be on our boat. The NBA's own league MVP, Stephen Curry.

That's right ladies and gentlemen, I was on the same cruise ship as the baby-faced assassin, the leagues best shooter and most exciting player. This was especially a big deal to me because he is one of my favorite players in the league as he is the most lovable, something I wrote about when Sean and I first started this prestigious blog. But I'm sure you all are wondering how I found him. How did I know the sharp-shooter was on the same boat? Did I meet him? Did I get his autograph? Was Riley Curry there? Let me break it down for you...

My friend Cody and I are strolling to the buffet from a nice poolside hangout session with the rest of our friends. We step out of the elevator, turn the corner to the buffet and THERE HE WAS, Stephen Curry. No Riley Curry wasn't with him, she must have been somewhere else with the Mrs. Anyways, we make eye contact. I freeze up and tell him, "I don't know what to do with my hands." He acts like he didn't hear me and gives me a head nod. I look at Cody, we're both grinning from ear-to-ear. Curry walks by us before I ask for a picture with him, but with the shakiness of my voice, it doesn't come out right. He turns and looks back with an expression of confusion. I try again, "Picture?" He rolls his eyes before accepting my invitation. Cody fumbles for his phone as Steph and I lean in for the greatest picture ever taken.

*Camera noise*

I thank him for the opportunity and he walks off with his food. Cody and I high-five and jump up and down before we realize people are staring. It was epic, probably one of the top 58 experiences of my life.

We didn't see Steph again, sadly, and I'm still beating myself up about not striking up a conversation with the LEAGUE MVP, but I am still happy I got a picture. Oh and here it is:


Twitter: @RenegadeSports_
Facebook: Renegade Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment