Wednesday, July 15, 2015

9 of the Scariest Athletes in Sports

Professional athletes have always been super-hero-like figures in our society. Fans everywhere admire them for their elite skills and talents and sometimes, their excellent personalities. Most athletes are freakish in size and physical stature which is often a reason we, as spectators, admire them, some are so huge that they are terrifying.

It's not always just that they are big, but maybe they also have a sketchy personality, a scary voice, an "I want to eat you" expression on their face or maybe it's just the way they play. These are the athletes you wouldn't invite over for dinner with your family, the ones that opponents have nightmares about, and the last ones you would want to run into in a dark alley. So let me introduce you to the nine athletes that scare me the most.


Shawn Oakman
Oakman is the definition of a grown ass man. At 6'9" 280, he is the most intimidating player college football has to offer. After this picture of Oakman at last season's Cotton Bowl coin toss surfaced on the internet, twitter proceeded to explode with hilarious meme-age. He also dyes his mohawk before games for an added effect.



Chris Anderson
"Birdman", as his few fans call him, looks like he came straight from a meth lab to the basketball court. Anderson has an idiotic look, but I won't be the one to tell him that. His colorful tattoos and bizarre hairstyles intimidate whoever he is guarding and it often gets in his opponents' head as he is consistently one of the NBA's best defenders. Someone with a look like that has to be crazy and likely has to have killed someone in their past. Just saying.

Ndamukong Suh
Suh is known across the NFL as one of the dirtiest players in the league. Through his career he has been penalized, suspended, and fined seemingly every few weeks for something cheap he has done. He is 6'4", 305 and runs under a 5.0 40-time. All of that size, speed and bad intentions is terrifying and I guarantee you that it keeps quarterbacks up at night. Welcome to the Dolphins Suh!


Montrezl Harrell
Harrell is a recent product of Louisville's basketball team who is now playing for the Houston Rockets. Harrell, to me, has to be at least 1/8th gorilla. He is 6'8, 240 pounds and cut like a knife. On top of all of this he is extremely dark and has the hairstyle to resemble someone who could wrestle a lion. During games he is a top-tier yeller and he often out-muscles and posterizes the mess out of his opponents like he did to my beloved Seminoles (RIP Berwick).

Kendrick Perkins
Perkins is just a really, really, really big thug. There's no way around it. He is simply in the NBA to be an enforcer. I loved him when he was on my Celtics (and we never lost a single playoff series when he was healthy) but now that he has been sent into irrelevancy, I only see him as a concern for player safety. Perkins is 6'10", 270 and just really mean. When he did this to Jay Crowder in the playoffs, I knew that no one was safe.

Ronda Rousey
Rousey is the single scariest women in the world. For those of you who don't know, she is a professional fighter, the consensus #1 pound-for-pound female fighter. Though she is only 5'7", she is extremely scary and could probably beat the mess out of 95% of the male population. I just hope whoever she dates doesn't make her mad.


Whoever this Texas Tech guy is
You may have seen this image of the Texas Tech offensive lineman from a few years ago. While it likely has no affect on his play, this guy looks straight from hell. If I had to line up against him I would likely just drop back in coverage because sacking Texas Tech's quarterback is not worth getting eaten, in my opinion.

Patrick Willis
The 49ers' linebacker is just really, really, really big. Though he recently retired, he was often considered one of the hardest hitting linebackers in the NFL and with a 6'1", 240-lb frame of pure muscle, Willis is a human death machine. Willis' arms are twice the size of my head and my friends often tell me I have a big head, so...

Metta World Peace
We all know what happened in 2004 in Detroit. Ron Artest has a craziness to him that makes me never want to be in the same room as him. He is extremely odd and he could attack at any time. His new name does not describe him at all, but it does expose how off-the-wall he is. Oh and he's also 6'7" and 260-lbs and at one time was one of the best defenders in the NBA, so you can't shake him.

These are all players that I don't want to lineup against. I hope any of you reading this never get on their bad side, I know I won't (unless they see this and disagree which could create some issues). Pray for me. Thanks for reading.

Twitter: @RenegadeSports_
Facebook: Renegade Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment